Built in 1796 by two Windsor brothers, the house has
the original 6 fireplaces including a beehive oven. The house was
purchased and renovated by Bernard and Mary Ellen Smith in 1978.
In 1990, it was remodeled more extensively; all floors were restored
and the kitchen was enlarged by adding six feet to the western ell.
Much of the 28 acres of the farm was forest land.
The Smiths harvested the majority of the woods for their farm. Three
ponds were installed to help with irrigation. Today, Harmony Farms
has 6 acres of blueberries, 2 acres of apples, 1 acre of peaches
and large patches of blackberries and raspberries.
Harmony Farms also has an herb garden, grows its own
pumpkins and gourds, harvests its own honey and produces homemade
jam. All, including pre-picked fruit, are available for purchase
at the Farm Stand.